WHO ARE WE?
Juniper Tree is a Christian non profit, non governmental pastoral care and counseling organization in Ghana, West Africa. It is registered as a charity with the Social Welfare Department.
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Our Mission at Juniper Tree is to be an expression of God's Comfort, Restoration and Hope through the provision of counseling and support to hurting people.
WHY THE NAME JUNIPER TREE?
After a successful but stressful battle with the prophets of Baal, The Prophet Elijah had to flee for his life from Queen Jezebel, who was determined to kill him. (1 Kings 19, KJV).
In the course of running away, he found a Juniper Tree. Under that tree, he cried out “Oh Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.” This cry from a prophet of God after a great spiritual victory is classic example of somebody who had reached a great depth of discouragement, depression and had became suicidal. However, there under the Juniper Tree, God ministered to Elijah. He was comforted, restored, and given hope. From there and full of the hope God had just given him, Elijah went back to continue the task God had given him.
This is what Juniper Tree is all about; a place where men, women and children, who are discouraged, depressed, or traumatized in any way by the adverse circumstances of life can find comfort, restoration and hope.This is where “Juniper Tree” gets her inspiration.
WHAT IS OUR VISION?
Juniper Tree's vision is to provide care-giving centers in all the Regions
of Ghana and beyond where:
- (i) Victims and culprits of domestic abuse would be helped to deal with the issues
- (ii) Physically and sexually abused children would be provided avenues to reach out to the only One who can Comfort, Restore and give Hope
- (iii) Persons and families dealing with loss and depression would be helped to make meaning out of their situations
- (iv) Victims of chronic/terminal diseases and HIV/AIDS and their families would be helped to deal with the situation and offer the needed spiritual and emotional support
WHAT IS OUR SLOGAN?
‘Comfort, Restoration & Hope’
WHAT ARE OUR GOALS?
- (i) To be a voice for the voiceless.
- (ii) To train others to become channels of God's grace to the suffering in our world.
- (iii) To be a shoulder for the crying, hope and healing to the helpless and the bruised.
- (iv) To provide a holistic care to all victims of trauma and abuse.
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
- (i) We seek to honor Christ in all we do.
- (ii) We believe that all men and women deserve to be treated with dignity
irrespective of creed and/or race.
- (iii) We believe that accountability and integrity are very important.
- (iv) We believe that every child is a gift from God to be loved and nurtured.
- (v) Confidentiality is at the core of all we do.
WHAT ARE OUR ACTIVITIES?
- 1. Individual, couple and group counseling for the traumatized, sexually and physically abused.
- 2. Pre and post - marital counseling.
- 3. Seminars for clergy, medical personnel, communities and churches.
- 4. Training lay counselors in churches and communities.